If you need a festive salad to celebrate this 4th of July, this Red, White & Blueberry Caprese Salad is the one to add to your menu. It comes together in about 10 minutes and serves up the festive trio of Americana colors.
This is a great salad anytime during the summer months when blueberries are in season, and the pomegranate molasses – in lieu of a more traditional balsamic vinegar or glaze – takes it absolutely over the top.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ pint blueberries
- 8 ounces fresh ciliegine mozzarella balls, drained and halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or balsamic glaze)
In a large bowl, add in tomatoes, blueberries, mozzarella and basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle in olive oil.
Toss to combine and evenly coat everything. Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle on pomegranate molasses. Garnish with extra basil leaves (optional) and serve immediately.