Stop guessing what’s in the stir-fry sauce from your favorite takeout restaurant and make your own … with just two ingredients! The Carrot Ginger Dressing and Original Coconut Aminos from The New Primal are the perfect one-two punch for this Carrot Ginger Stir Fry.
The Whole30-approved dressing is from The New Primal’s Noble Made line. Just ¾ cup of the Carrot Ginger Dressing and 2 tablespoons of their Coconut Aminos is all it takes to create a naturally sweet sauce that I dare say is better than that takeout place, anyway.
- ½ pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ cup whole, raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil)
- ¾ cup Carrot ginger Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Original Coconut Aminos
- Diced green onion (optional for garnish)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add shrimp, and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high for 2-3 minutes per side, and transfer to a plate.
Add additional 2 tablespoons oil to the pan, along with carrots, red and green bell peppers. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, then add in carrots and mushrooms.
Stir veggies and add ¾ cup Carrot Ginger Dressing and 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos, stirring to coat the vegetables well. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in snow peas and cashews, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Return cooked shrimp to the pan, and stir to fully coat everything in the sauce. Serve with diced green onion and cauliflower rice (both optional).